Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Riding in Honor of Pablo Castelaz


Butterflys remind me of Pablo Castelaz!  A little boy I never had the pleasure of meeting.  His story came into my family's life by way of a very much loved, but short-lived career at Children's Hospital Los Angeles.  His story, shared so lovingly by his father, Jeff Castelaz, on a blog he started writing soon after learning that his darling little boy had cancer.  http://getwellpablo.blogspot.com/ . 

As my family and I followed Pablo's couragous fight, we were literally moved into action.  That's how the writing of this loving father made you feel about the battle his son was going through. 





This Sunday, Pablo's family will be celebrating Pablo's 7th Birthday and Nathan will be riding a race in Big Bear in honor of Pablo, who lost his very couragous battle with cancer just six days after his 6th Birthday.


I can't let my brain wonder why my family was moved into action by the words of this father, whose son we never knew.  All I can do is follow my family's heart and let it's collective beating lead us to help the Pablove Foundation, fight childhood cancer with love.  My son rides, I write.  That's it.  OH!  Lightbulb moment!  I guess you could say, this is the effort of a mother and son following our hearts to do some good, in honor of a brave little boy we never knew, but loved anyway!

Kids get cancer too and they need a life outside of the cancer treatments.  The Pablove Foundation raises money for that purpose, as well as for research.  I urge you to learn more about the Pablove Foundation http://www.pablove.org/ and I ask you to help Nathan reach his goal as he raises money for the Pablove Foundation one mountain bike race at a time. https://www.giftberry.org/teampledges.php?wishlist_id=146138&pledgedrive_teams_id=227&view_type=i


Love, Lisa

1 comment:

Alberta Art Classes said...

I knew Pablo personally. All of your efforts are worth gold. Pablo holds a sweet place in my heart! He had a REALLY deep voice when he was wee, like a man...That is my favorite feature of his.