Sunday, November 16, 2008

My First Update

Well, this is my first attempt at writing about What's Up With the Hickey's. It's going to take me some time to get used to writing about what we've been up too. But I figure, this will be a good way to keep our extended family in the loop.

We all had a great time on Halloween. We had Tristan's buddy Harrison (the Joker) with us. We went to my girlfriend Jennifer's annual Halloween party. My camera was acting up, so most of the pictures came out blurry. Of course, the boys came home with tons of candy and the fight was on. Seriously, I'm such a wonderful Mom (LOL!), I ususally just let them overdose on candy for the first day or so, until they get sick of it. Then, it's much easier to quietly take it away without too much trauma.
It was a fun soccer season. Both the boys played their last games yesterday, although Tristan's team will more than likely go on to Playoffs. Which means, we'll be playing a bit more soccer with him.

Nathan was lucky enough to be placed on the same team with his cousin Emmett. Emmett's Dad, Uncle Dino coached them. Sean helped out a bit too. Nathan's team was called the Cyclones. For the most part, I think they had a really great time. Although, yesterday it was pretty hot. I noticed Nathan does not perform at his best when it's so hot out. The Cyclones ended up loosing their last game, but they forgot about it really quick, when we went to their team party right after the game. All in all, I think Nathan enjoyed his season.
Tristan's team was called the Green Gecko's, although, for some reason I kept calling them the Green Gablin's. Tristan has been on a green team, his entire soccer life and as been called the Green Gablin's or the Green Gecko's two or three times. It's getting to the point where I can't keep it straight. The Green Gecko's started off struggling, but yesterday they pulled it off big, by beating the team, that beat them bad the very first game of the season. It was sweet revenge and the boys coudn't have been happier. It's off to the playoffs now.
Well, I'm off to take the boys to cousin Ethan's birthday party. Stay tuned for more updates throughout the Holidays.

Love, Lisa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa,

You are amazing, this is absolutely beautiful and well done. Thank you for taking the time that I know you do not have to do this. We love you,

Kirk, Brian & Aidan

Unknown said...

This is a really awesome thing to do. I love looking at all the pics and the videos. Well done!
Kim